The Rhapsody iOS team has just released v1 of our native iPad App. Thanks for waiting! Here’s why we think you are going to like it:
The app is built around a new player engine – it holds the title of The Fastest Mobile App we’ve ever released; it supports the fastest playback possible and app loading times are extremely quick. We’ve built in intelligent content caching to automatically save your most recent music to make it very easy to play it back when you’re offline as well as to help conserve your bandwidth.
The Rhapsody iPad App is the most beautiful experience that we’ve built to-date. The visual richness of the app is designed to showcase the artists and albums available, while fully taking advantage of the iPad’s real estate and high-resolution screen support.
The app is a wonderful tool for discovery:
You can tap and swipe your way through content curated by Rhapsody’s world-class editors. Music discovery is effortless, thanks to similar artists and genres, custom album, artist and genre editorial overviews, featured content and editorial essentials for genres. You can also browse Rhapsody’s exclusive genres to dive into deep discovery of new, popular and editorially -curated music from your favorite genres.
- Access to Rhapsody’s full Rhapsody catalog via searching and browsing
- Access and updating member music libraries
- Access to all of Rhapsody’s editorially programmed genre trees
- Similar artists and albums
- Essential content
- Artist and album reviews
- Full offline support for unlimited downloading of content and access while not connected to the Internet
- Player features including a full screen player, integrated volume, AirPlay and Bluetooth support
We are shooting to follow up with an update early in 2013, with some additional core features that did not make it for our v1 release:
- Listening History
This is just the beginning. More great things to come from the Rhapsody iOS team in 2013.
Mobile Program Manager